Monday, July 5, 2010

Bulgur and Chickpea Salad w/ Parsley Dressing, pg. 133

WoW.....I really need to start making my own salad dressings!  I continuously pay $4 a bottle at Whole Foods and Lorna's parsley lemon dressing cost less than $1 to make.  The only thing I had to buy was a lemon.  The parsley on my deck is growing out of control so this was perfect recipe to make this week.

In less than 5 minutes, I blended the dressing: olive oil + lemon juice + parsley + yogurt + cayenne + salt.  I'm not a lemon fan so the flavor was a bit strong for me, however, by no means was I dissappointed. When the dressing was mixed with the bulgur, chickpeas, cucumber, onions and tomatoes, the result was a tangy tasty blend. Ben gave this recipe a 3.3/5 Grains.  When asked what he would change, Ben said he didn't care!  That means he liked it!      

Since this was the first dressing I've made, I've since been researching other recipes.  Check out Cheap, Healthy, Good's Blog. They posted 102 light dressing recipes.  A pretty cool resource!   -amy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy! I LOVE your notion of what Ben meant by "I don't care".... I'm sure that your interpretation was right! I'm actually considering trying this homemade dressing, I am definitely a lemon fan, and don't enjoy heavy dressings, so this sounds about perfect!! You'll have to let me know the ins-and-outs of this recipe! I have 4 roommates so I will be able to get a lot of feedback!!!!!

    Keep on Grainin',
    -Dr. W

    ReplyDelete